- Alternative Funding Options
- Return On Investment Analysis For An Absentee Owner
- Facts and Stats about Businesses
- Facts About American Business Masters & Investments, Inc. (ABMI)
- Facts About Business Owners
- Why Businesses Are For Sale
- Women In Business
- Minorities In Business
- Entrepreneurs Who Are Veterans
- Facts About Business Buyers
- Facts About Business Acquisition Financing
- How To Analyze Cash Flow and ROI of Any Business
- The Eight Most Common Methods of Valuing A Business
- Capital Resources
- Step By Step Business Buying Guide
- ABMI Due Diligence Checklist
- How To Find A Great Business To Buy
- Questions Every Buyer Should Ask Themselves
- Business Owners Have More Wealth
- Private Equity Groups (PEGS)
- Private Equity Analysis
- Venture Capital Firms
- Angel Investors
- Facts About The Small Business Administration (SBA)
FINDING THE RIGHT BUSINESS...
ABMI is the "Best Choice" when it comes to choosing a business broker that will provide a business buyer with the proper tools and guidance on how to find a business to buy that's "just right" for this buyer. Experience in brokering business transactions is one of our most valuable professional advantages. ABMI has been assisting buyers in the discovery of businesses to buy since 1982, having successfully completed thousands of transactions of acquisitons of all kinds, all prices, all sizes.
If you want to be sure that you find the right business investment for you, and to have access to all of the resources to make an informed decision, please contact us for a free preliminary review, by registering with this ABMI web site.
Why Some Buyers Buy A Business
According to Money Magazine, October 2010, the number of employers who offer employees a traditional pension plan:
Because traditional pension plans are being offered less and less by employers, some people come to the realization that they need to provide their own security for the future, and for millions of Americans, that means
purchasing their own business, so that they may have a chance to not only
generate regular salary from the business, but also build equity value so that, some day, they may be able to sell the business, and thereby provide themselves and their family with finacnial benefits that a job doesn't provide.
Accomplishing The Business Buyer's Goals
We begin the buyer's search by consulting with the buyer about their "ideal investment", helping the buyer identify not only the kind of business they might be interested in acquiring, but also the size business they can afford, and which investment would likely deliver the financial and career goals of the buyer and his/her family, and, just as important, we share with the buyer the "realities of the marketplace" about how businesses are priced/evaluated and we invest the energy needed to help the buyer achieve the Return On Investment And Equity Build Up goals of the buyer.
The search process includes our showing the buyer the many businesses for sale that ABMI presently has listed, and includes surveying our associates/agents for information on listings they are in the process of bringing to market at any given time.
ABMI agents, consultants and advisors specialize in patient, professional services for business buyers, including working with the buyer's accountant and attorney to insure that all buyers receive adequate advice during their acquistions journey.
Business Buyer Services
Business buyers are our customers. Buyers typically contact ABMI, searching for low risk businesses to purchase. ABMI charges no fees to business buyers on most small business transactions , and is paid a commission by the business owner/seller when the business sells, except for special projects at the buyer's request, when ABMI might be asked to represent a buyer in a transaction.
ABMI works with all buyers to help them find their "ideal deal" acquisition, by explaining the various elements included in a business acquisition, including financing options; SBA details; information on how to choose a business to buy; how to find a business once the buyer identifies the "type" or size of business; options available to the buyer in the terms sellers might offer the buyer; how to conduct thorough and low risk due diligence in acquiring a business, etc. This service is offered to buyers by appointment, at no charge to the buyer.
Then, when the buyer chooses a business to buy, we volunteer to help buyers arrange the financing (at no extra cost to the buyer/borrower). ABMI has helped thousands of business buyers arrange financing, on hundreds of millions of dollars of acquisitions, of all sizes, all prices, over the almost 30 years we've been brokering businesses.
And, ABMI works with the buyer's lawyer, accountant and other advisors to assist in a smooth, "clean", low risk conveyance of the business assets.
Evaluations Performed By ABMI For Business Buyers
Some buyers contact ABMI for an opinion of the merits of an acquisition the buyer is considering, prior to the buyer going "beyond the point of no return". These are usually acquisitions that the buyer discovered apart from ABMI's efforts (such as a business the buyer may be considering buying that was found using some other business brokerage, or a business the buyer found on the internet, or a business that's a "for sale by owner" that the buyer discovered through independent research). ABMI offers buyers a free "pre-selection" evaluation service, whereby ABMI looks at the details of such transactions, and offers advice to the buyer so the buyer may confirm that the contemplated acquisition is, in fact, priced within generally accepted rules of thumb pricing and terms.
ABMI is staffed by a veteran executive team with wide experience in facilitating the following processes:
- Discovering suitable business opportunities from a wide variety of sources
- Valuation of businesses of interest, and providing buyers with a complete package of information on each business
- Facilitating meetings between buyers and sellers
- Providing Due Diligence guidelines to help you understand the important elements to investigate when buying a business, and asssiting in the completion and satisfaction of contingencies/conditions of the transaction
- Professional preparation of your offer to purchase a business
- Contract negotiations
- Locating sources of financing for your purchase, and assistance in packaging the loan request information needed
- Closing transactions with thoroughness, professionalism and low risk for all parties
ABMI provides business buyers and investors with an expert perspective and a wealth of resources in order to secure strategic business opportunities that positions clients for long-term success.
The team of professional intermediaries at ABMI are ready to help. When you are ready to start asking questions and begin this exciting journey, contact ABMI. 913-341-6300, or register with this ABMI web site.